Your child's vision
1 in 6 children in Australia have undetected vision problems. If left untreated, they can severely impact a child's educational, physical and social development. It’s a big concern, but don’t worry because we’re here to help you find and solve any eye problems your kids might have, so you can ensure they reach their full potential.
Here are a few signs that could indicate your child has a vision problem:
- Losing their place or making reversals (rereading or rewriting text)
- Leaving out or confusing small words when reading
- Holding reading material closer than normal
- Avoiding close work
- Rubbing eyes
- Getting headaches
- Turning or tilting the head to use one eye only
- Poor hand-eye coordination
- Difficulty identifying objects and/or people at a distance
- Performing below potential
Just like dentist check-ups, your child should have regular eye tests to keep their eyes and vision healthy. We recommend a consultation with your optometrist within their first 6 months and at least once every 2 years after that.
If your kids haven't had an eye test for a while, bring them in! Book your appointment online today.